When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

20” Schwinn Typhoon restoral

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

stedanrac

On Training Wheels
I finished restoring this little Typhoon this weekend and wanted to share it. The bike was in my son-in-laws family since it was new in 1977. I fixed it up for my granddaughter to ride, so I expect the shiny paint won’t last too much longer :) This was a super fun project, and my thanks to everyone on this forum; I gained a lot of help from reading these posts
1C746792-B5A3-40B0-AB4F-F3890774EF9C.jpeg
C4D9CF40-AA9B-42A2-B992-FD2B11669CE2.jpeg
E909EE07-CA59-4617-8738-F8321B6E7F81.jpeg
30FA2F64-11AC-40AE-B6FA-55E35C8794F4.jpeg
C7129B16-6B69-40DC-92AC-929C9A48CC5A.jpeg

Great little bike. I am sure your granddaughter will love it. Hopefully her love for this bike will take her into years of loving vintage bikes.

I finished restoring this little Typhoon this weekend and wanted to share it. The bike was in my son-in-laws family since it was new in 1977. I fixed it up for my granddaughter to ride, so I expect the shiny paint won’t last too much longer :) This was a super fun project, and my thanks to everyone on this forum; I gained a lot of help from reading these postsView attachment 1485100View attachment 1485102View attachment 1485103View attachment 1485106View attachment 1485107View attachment 1485105
I know this sounds crazy but I bought a set of those knockoff Schwinn grips and they came with a warning not to be used for kids under the age of 12. I have another pair that did not say that. I was blown away that a set of sparkle grips in my case, would not be safe for children. Just a heads up I decided not to use them at all. I have taken to using only Schwinn grips. That bike is beautiful nice work.

I know this sounds crazy but I bought a set of those knockoff Schwinn grips and they came with a warning not to be used for kids under the age of 12. I have another pair that did not say that. I was blown away that a set of sparkle grips in my case, would not be safe for children. Just a heads up I decided not to use them at all. I have taken to using only Schwinn grips. That bike is beautiful nice work.
That doesn't sound that crazy... those grips have a bit of slip in them - they didn't fit super snug. I actually went back to the original grips (I have them) but they were pretty scuffed up. I opted to roll the grips back (they are much softer than the original ones) and lay a little spray adhesive on the bars to firm them up.

Thanks for the comment though, I think it is spot on.

Back