When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

20" Colson Tricycle with Schwinn 3" grips

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Crazy8

I live for the CABE
Just picked this one up during a run to the local WaWa. I know nothing about these, or the cracked tire and how to fix it (can it be fixed?). I'm also guessing that these little 3" Schwinn grips don't belong on it.

20150114_144301.jpg
20150114_144320.jpg
20150114_144328.jpg
20150114_163158.jpg
20150114_163209.jpg
20150114_163400.jpg

The tire separation is common on old tricycles with semi-pneumatic tires. The rubber shrinks and gets brittle over time and they separate at the seam. You could put new tires on but probably not worth it. When I get trikes like this I usually display them with the split up under the fender.

The tire separation is common on old tricycles with semi-pneumatic tires. The rubber shrinks and gets brittle over time and they separate at the seam. You could put new tires on but probably not worth it. When I get trikes like this I usually display them with the split up under the fender.

Thanks for the info. I'm going to play around with the tire to see if I can make it presentable on the wheel. Was thinking of a tube type piece in the hollow part of the tire to bring them together with some adhesive on it. Wire ties on each side of the tire to pull them together while around the wheel.

Did you ever get the tire put back together or gap closed closer. I just picked up a kool chain drive Colson and the front tire did the exact same thing.
Thanks
Mike

Back