When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

20 inch S-2 /blue band spoke length

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

coasterbrakejunkie1969

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
I'm looking to lace a 28 hole blue band hub to a 20 inch S-2. Is 7 9/16 correct? I'm guessing 7 5/8 works as well. Can anyone confirm this or measure a wheel they have. Thank you

I meant to measure mine this morning but forgot. I think you are right, I’ll try to remember to measure tonight and confirm for you. Went through this same thing a few months ago...

This might help.

stingray spokes.jpg

Yes it is. Standard Schwinn pattern. Enjoy your blue band! Mine is my absolute favorite riding stingray I’ve ever owned or ridden. Ever. Perfect for cruising and longer distance.
A blue band Stingray was on my wish list. I'm going to build up the wheel and add it to one of mine. My '67 is all original so I may add it to my '68 that is not. Really looking forward to it. I also came across a red band 28 hole that I may lace up as well on a S-7.

A blue band Stingray was on my wish list. I'm going to build up the wheel and add it to one of mine. My '67 is all original so I may add it to my '68 that is not. Really looking forward to it. I also came across a red band 28 hole that I may lace up as well on a S-7.
You’re gonna love it. I picked up a rusted out ‘65 with a blue band. Sooooo good! I’m interested to hear about that red band! I was just reading about those 28 hole red bands last night because I was looking for information on the manually shifted 2 speed bendix I bought with 28 holes. Gonna put that in my 1952 Spitfire pig bike.

You’re gonna love it. I picked up a rusted out ‘65 with a blue band. Sooooo good! I’m interested to hear about that red band! I was just reading about those 28 hole red bands last night because I was looking for information on the manually shifted 2 speed bendix I bought with 28 holes. Gonna put that in my 1952 Spitfire pig bike.

View attachment 1443198

View attachment 1443199
I will be honest I have a yellow, a red and a couple manuals and the manual is my favorite. No double braking to get in correct gear. They are on 26 inch bikes. A manual on a stingray sounds awesome I will be looking for one of those. I love the save on that '65, killer rider.

I will be honest I have a yellow, a red and a couple manuals and the manual is my favorite. No double braking to get in correct gear. They are on 26 inch bikes. A manual on a stingray sounds awesome I will be looking for one of those. I love the save on that '65, killer rider.
I’m with you, the manuals are the best. I’ve got one that still needs to be thrown in a 26”, but I just happened upon this 28 hole on eBay last week and jumped on it, I’ve already got a spare shifter, cable and clamps. I’m assuming the spokes will be the same length as the blue band. We shall see.

Thanks. I’ve never had a stingray that I really enjoyed riding, but this one.... I rode it on about a 8 mile ride last weekend. Was super nice!

Back