When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2000/2006 Schwinn Panther

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Ignoz

'Lil Knee Scuffer
Looking for a "2000" or 06 stock/O.E aluminum Panther with the mtb geometry. Preferably the 2000 model . The nicer the bike the more I'll pay with in reason. I will pay good money but not nose bleed money meaning a crazy astronomical price. I will also consider frame only or even a 2007 or 2008 Schwinn alloy 7 Cruiser. I have a 1972 Chrome Schwinn Paramount with mavic a 719 rims, Continental Tires, Phil Wood hubs, Billet aluminum brake calipers by Paul, campy headset, Nitto handlebar and stem, Brooks saddle and all other kinds of little goodies on it. The bike is a 9.5 on a scale from 1 to 10 and the frame I believe is 25 in. Maybe we can work out a trade and cash or just2trade depending on what you got. You can reach me at 248 667-6349 my name is Lane. Call or text because I don't know how often I will be here looking

IMG_3496(1).jpg
IMG_3492.jpg
IMG_3490.jpg
IMG_3495.jpg
IMG_3491(1).jpg
IMG_3489.jpg

I will work this in on a trade for a ALUMINUM PANTHER. It's a 1972 Paramount, NO DENTS or RUST.

Nevermind, found one. A real great guy named John Dempsey in Plymouth Minnesota sold me my aluminum Panther. I'm giddy about this thing. A complete bike and it still had the Kevlar bead Moby bite slicks on it. The only thing I'm actually going to use is the frame and fork. It's getting Chrome Sun rhyno Lite XL 36 spoke rims, double-butted Phil Wood stainless steel spokes, blue anodized spoke nipples, Phil Wood high flange polished hubs, JW polished aluminum with a blue anodized slider chain Adjusters, blue anodized profile volcano washers, JW blue anodized seatpost clamp, the new Brooks c67 cambium Cruiser seat and Crivitz blue anodized rivets, JW stem, ird defiant 46 tooth chainring and crankset with blue anodized bolts, Odyssey silver Triple Trap Pedals with blue anodized cages, blue anodized Chris King headset, Phil Wood blue anno bracket. Paul's components brakes with blue anodized spring Adjusters, blue anodized peace sign cable hanger front and blue anodized Paul cable hanger rear, blue Schwinn Phantom/Panther head badge, LSL Med. Super Moto handle bar, Vans/ODI blk. grips w/ blue anno lock rings

Don't know what happened there... the LSL handlebar is silver aluminum by the way and I'm going to use Paul component cantilever polished brake levers that I have lying around. Basically all these parts are going on a raw aluminum frame and fork or possibly polished depending on how ambitious I get. I build hot rods and motorcycles for a living so kind of the last thing I want to do is come home in the evening and polish parts on the coffee table while watching TV. I did a couple of spots last night on it and it seems that 3000 grit wet sponge seems to leave the Finish that I'm after. Kind of semi polished or I don't really know how to explain. Not high polished like Chrome but also not Dull like fresh out of being media blasted. You can kind of read a dollar bill in the Finish but not like a mirror, I guess you can call it a very light satin finish because we are talkin about 3000 grit sponge wet. I will take pictures of all the parts, frame and fork when I have them all in one location at my little workshop at home. I'll look around on this site and start a build thread with detailed photos of the progress also. Thanks for taking the time to read this Fella's and I'm looking forward to your opinions or comments. maybe I'll see you at the Schwinndig...
Scwinncerely Ignoz

I forgot one last thing, I'll be rocking the Maxxis Holy Rollers in the 26 by 2.2 flavor.

Just these... derailleur hanger I polished last night. I've had it only about 24 hours now. I've been accumulating the parts for the past year though LOL.

20210228_100136.jpg

20210226_183935.jpg

20210228_100521.jpg

And...
I'll take more when I get rolling on the project. First thing is to strip all the parts and then strip the paint with either walnut shell or crushed charcoal. It won't peen the aluminum or leave it porous.

20210226_214246.jpg

The I.R.D. defiant Pista cranks and chainring are in the pic above of my Paramount and also the Phil Wood high flange hubs I'm going to use laced into Sun Rhyno Lite XL Chrome double wall with eyelets 26in 36 hole.

Back