When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2000 Schwinn Homegrown Pro

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

marius.suiram

I live for the CABE
Schwinn Homegrown Pro... what's you opinion of it's quality/ collectible?
It is a 2000 orange Pro with a Shimano Deore XT
group. Looks to be like the catalog page.

I don't know why sometimes I can get a gif to work and sometimes I waste 20 minutes of my life trying every possible way and nothing works.

Cool but bikes from that era (my era from starting mountain biking mind you) still is failing to gain much traction with collectors yet. I know I’m not nostalgic enough yet to be stretched out over a long ass top tube and 140mm stem again. And I think that’s holding them back.

These were great bikes, no doubt and this one was likely hand built in Durango as most Homegrowns were (by Yeti?).

About the only Homegrown I could get excited about still today would be the 2000, 2001 Factory Limited. It was one of the first 20lb hardtail, remarkable for that time.

Nice bike. Solid components Collect it if you like it. If you plan on riding it you might have to spend a bit to get that fork working right if parts are still even available. Those were notorious for needing service and leaking air.

Back