When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2004 Nirve Cannibal / Switchblade Project ; Build Clone

-
Can you by any chance find out what size rims & tires he's running? When I get to motoring it I am setting a goal of 55mph+ so a wider rim & tire with 12-11g spokes is safer & more stylish. I have a feeling I am close as is with the 26x3" Duros in the fenders though ....Especially rear wise

29 x 2.1 front
26 x 2.0 rear

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I bought this ;

2010 Fly Scout 110cc, 4speed semi automatic, electric & kick start for a practice motor start that should easily do 45 mph+. I am fixing to start mocking it up to the Nirve; I shouldn't have too much cutting & fabrication needed but I am excited as I had it running today within a little while off carb cleaner. Charged the battery so Saturday I can test the electric starter function, pour some gas into it, and maybe see about planning a set of Worksman style wheels to handle what I am going to be doing. I suppose buying them is going to be the best option because I am crazy but I know 10-12G spokes are going to be needed for this Ripper ;)

Anybody ever lace moped hubs into bicycle wheels ? Lmfao. I am debating if I want to do drum/drum for some brakes or jus' Bad Ass It All Show, All Go, & All It's Glory No Brakes to start off

That's awesome man. Good luck. Do what makes sense to you.
Thanks. I looked at what it was going to cost to do the Minarelli V1 and for about $75 I got this & a electric scooter so it's a little cheaper for now but has some perks ; electric or kick start, already 12v wired for accessories & battery, has controls just to get me going forward & parts that aren't needed or used can be sold off for bicycle related needs. I was joking on the No Brakes part ; albeit crazy I am not plumb dumb !

See that is what I am trying to avoid mine looking like. I mean if it works Ok for them but I don't want something cheaply thrown together. I want this thing to blast 55-65 mph Reliably & Safely for what it'll be. Hence NO Rush to Throw a kit on it
Yeah I get it. I'm sure yours will look better and fill the void hole in the frame more completely. Hopefully the motor fits and balances well.

Yeah I get it. I'm sure yours will look better and fill the void hole in the frame more completely. Hopefully the motor fits and balances well.
I think with an actual Moped/Pit bike motor it'll fill the frame a lot more
IMG_5556.JPG

IMG_5558.JPG

I'll be using a 110cc & supposedly this is an 80cc. I don't know why he modified his lower down tube but I plan on cutting mine loose & reshaping it for more clearance & appearance before I finalize it. I don't like the way it looks, I may not keep the thing as a pedal bike, & I want the freedom of being able to modify or work on the motor easily in frame. Oh Plus Everything on my motors are Left Side ; Shifter, drive chain so that will help some IF I decide to keep pedals

Rode the 2010 Fly Scout (put it together using a K2 suspension front fork & wheel) I didn't get too wild with it but until I adjust/tune the carb it'll wheelie jus' kickin' it into 1st gear & seems to have plenty of power test riding 1st - 3rd gear. I cut a few donuts & rode it cautiously but it's peppy. I am working on stripping the Monark Super Deluxe parts of paint, dent repairs, & trying to decide IF I want 10 or 11G spokes or IF 12G will suffice. Pics later

Back