When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2019 Rolling Relics S.F. Ride

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

slick

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
It's that time again! The Rolling Relics annual San Francisco ride. I started this ride in 2011 and what a blast it's been! So here we go...
July 27th, Meet up at the Hi Dive bar which is Pier 28 located directly under the Bay bridge at 10am and we will LEAVE at 11am. Our first stop 10 minutes down the road is lunch so I suggest you eat before you get to the city or save your appetite until then.

We will eat at Fisherman's Wharf. After that we will visit the Palace of Fine Arts for photos, then to the Golden Gate bridge where we ride across and back to the starting point. So make sure you bring a lock to lockup at lunch.

The parking lot next door to Reds Java house which is right next to Hi Dive usually charges $10 for all day parking if you get there before 10am I believe. I'll be going there tomorrow and will check it out. And as some of you know, Jack's bar has closed for good so our afterparty will be changing location as well so I'll be checking that out tomorrow morning also. Sunday we will do a follow up ride in Marin which isn't far away if you're in town for the ride. So see everyone Saturday July 27th at 10am and we pedal off at 11am.

First photo is the Hi Dive where we meet up, second photo is Reds Java house also during meet up time right next door. To the far right of the second photo you see a yellow archway, that's the parking lot most of us use. Literally footsteps away from the meeting spot.

Screenshot_20190713-171148_Photos.jpg

Screenshot_20190713-171203_Photos.jpg

Screenshot_20190713-171237_Photos.jpg

Awesome!
We're making a mini vacation out of this trip; my Sweetie and I; riding Western Flyers for both days.
I will miss Jack's. Please pick a place that has someone playing tunes like that!
@Autocycleplane the parking lot where we meet on Sunday has been awesome with live music when we return.
We will see you there!
IMG_9897.JPG

Sad to hear about Jacks. I've been hitting those Fishermans Wharf watering holes since the early 80s and it's always sad to see one close up.

I agree,
I’ll never forget walking in to Jacks after our first San Francisco ride, and hearing a guy on an acoustic guitar, singing the Grateful Dead’s, Ripple.
It couldn’t have been a more fitting tribute, to a day spent riding classic old ballooners, with a bunch of like minded enthusiasts.
Hopefully, we’ll find a new/old establishment to make some new/old memories in the City by the Bay.

Last edited:
So I did a little test ride today.... here's our parking info which is right next door to Reds Java house, the yellow archway in my other photo up above. $10 all day. Doesn't get any better. Pier 23 might end up being our new afterparty spot. We'll see. I took a photo of the menu and the outdoor area.

20190714_081059.jpg

20190714_093805.jpg

20190714_083836.jpg

20190714_143740.jpg

So I did a little test ride today.... here's our parking info which is right next door to Reds Java house, the yellow archway in my other photo up above. $10 all day. Doesn't get any better. Pier 23 might end up being our new afterparty spot. We'll see. I took a photo of the menu and the outdoor area.

View attachment 1030391

View attachment 1030398

View attachment 1030399

View attachment 1030400

Yeah I was gonna suggest Pier 23. Killer tap selection and good food right on the Embarcadero.

Back