When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2019 Trexlertown 35th Annual Swap Meet Thank you.

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

jrapoza

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Greetings,

We would like to thank everyone that attended the swap meet.

I have to say it was crazy that Saturday ended up having 105 vendors and Sunday only 27.

The Velodrome next door had the same experience with vendors, their field was was not even close to capacity and was lacking buyers as well.

I hope everyone had a great time.

People said the auction added some fun to Sunday.

I had a lot of people ask me can we make the auction a permanent part of the swap meet in the future.

I ask all of you to please chime in with a PM to me, or post if so choose your thoughts of an annual auction.

Thank you again on behalf of the Trexlertown Fire Department.

Joe Rapoza

I have not been to Trexlertown in a few years and good to hear it's still going, but I preferred the Sunday only format...keeping the spandex crowd to Saturday.
It's nice to know if you're coming in from a distance, you have a reasonable opportunity to score something you now have to linger around in an extended festival format for.
Chris

I have not been to Trexlertown in a few years and good to hear it's still going, but I preferred the Sunday only format...keeping the spandex crowd to Saturday.
It's nice to know if you're coming in from a distance, you have a reasonable opportunity to score something you now have to linger around in an extended festival format for.
Chris

The show was extended for everyone's benefit. People were complaining why not 2 days. Memory lane and Ann Arbor were 2 days. So it has become more beneficial to all the people that set up at the Velodrome having a place to get settled on Friday and go the Velodrome for the few good hours that the swap meet runs.

I have seen both good and bad Saturdays and Sundays over the years.

In the end you have a better chance of finding some with 2 days of play rather than one " says the crowd".

Thank you for your input.

I loved the auction idea! Most of the stuff sold too. My friend bought a couple of the bikes that we walked by dozens of times. Afterward, we were looking at them a little closer and noticed they were really cool pieces and wondered how we missed them all weekend...

We had a great time. The auction was a blast.. We look forward to doing it again in May. The auction will become a permanent part of the TREXLERTOWN SWAP MEET. I have received nothing but great PM reviews about it. Please keep the PM's coming or phone me at 508-558-5129. I don't monitor the Cabe on a regular basis. Thank you, Joe.

The velofest management has killed that event, partly by moving to Saturday, and this year they stopped all selling in the parking lot. The market for road bikes has seriously declined anyway and they are not helping themselves by changing the rules.

I do like the extended swap meet at the firehouse since I drive a long way. The auction was a nice addition too.

Back