When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2023 Midwest Bicycle Swapmeet Haysville, Ks 4/23/2023

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
My first time at the Haysville Swap Meet went great! I was surprised I even had enough room in my car for everything I took home with me!
BftD_Haysville_2023_40.jpg

Here's everything I brought home with me that I didn't bring up to the swap meet.
BftD_ff_4-23-23_6.jpg

Given my limited funds, I was genuinely excited to learn about the free pile at the swap meet. Found myself a number of good parts and parts-donors for my various projects. Someone even tossed an old vacuum cleaner in the pile, and I grabbed the metal hose extensions to use for custom exhaust pipes!
BftD_ff_4-23-23_7.jpg

BftD_ff_4-23-23_8.jpg

BftD_ff_4-23-23_9.jpg

BftD_ff_4-23-23_10.jpg

BftD_ff_4-23-23_11.jpg

BftD_ff_4-23-23_12.jpg

BftD_ff_4-23-23_13.jpg

BftD_ff_4-23-23_14.jpg

Everything here I either purchased or traded for.
BftD_ff_4-23-23_15.jpg

Found myself a number of parts I could use on my bikes. Those Monark deep dish fenders in particular were very high on my want list. They're a little rough, but I got them at a price I was happy with, and I know I can use them.
BftD_ff_4-23-23_19.jpg

I actually got the tank from Dad just before going to Haysville. That practically meant that I had to get a frame to throw it on! Didn't help that I really like that style of Huffy frame. Unfortunately, the frame I traded for is pretty bent out of shape, but I figured I could cut it up and modify it into something else.
BftD_ff_4-23-23_18.jpg

BftD_ff_4-23-23_23.jpg

BftD_ff_4-23-23_20.jpg

I also picked up a bucket list frame for $15 - a Western Flyer X-53! Unfortunately, it needs some repairs, but I think I can save it.
BftD_ff_4-23-23_30.jpg

I traded my 1952 Schwinn Hornet with @450redrider for this earlier "fat bar" Schwinn frame, and my personal favorite score from this swap meet, a gold 24" 5-speed Spyder!
BftD_ff_4-23-23_21.jpg

BftD_ff_4-23-23_42.jpg

BftD_ff_4-23-23_58.jpg

I'm glad I went up to Haysville this year. Not only did I bring home some cool parts and projects, but I also met a lot of cool people who were a ton of fun to talk with about bikes! I look forward to coming back again next year!

My first time at the Haysville Swap Meet went great! I was surprised I even had enough room in my car for everything I took home with me!
View attachment 1953136

Here's everything I brought home with me that I didn't bring up to the swap meet.
View attachment 1953137

Given my limited funds, I was genuinely excited to learn about the free pile at the swap meet. Found myself a number of good parts and parts-donors for my various projects. Someone even tossed an old vacuum cleaner in the pile, and I grabbed the metal hose extensions to use for custom exhaust pipes!
View attachment 1953138

View attachment 1953139

View attachment 1953140

View attachment 1953141

View attachment 1953142

View attachment 1953143

View attachment 1953144

View attachment 1953145

Everything here I either purchased or traded for.
View attachment 1953146

Found myself a number of parts I could use on my bikes. Those Monark deep dish fenders in particular were very high on my want list. They're a little rough, but I got them at a price I was happy with, and I know I can use them.
View attachment 1953148

I actually got the tank from Dad just before going to Haysville. That practically meant that I had to get a frame to throw it on! Didn't help that I really like that style of Huffy frame. Unfortunately, the frame I traded for is pretty bent out of shape, but I figured I could cut it up and modify it into something else.
View attachment 1953147

View attachment 1953151

View attachment 1953149

I also picked up a bucket list frame for $15 - a Western Flyer X-53! Unfortunately, it needs some repairs, but I think I can save it.
View attachment 1953152

I traded my 1952 Schwinn Hornet with @450redrider for this earlier "fat bar" Schwinn frame, and my personal favorite score from this swap meet, a gold 24" 5-speed Spyder!
View attachment 1953150

View attachment 1953153

View attachment 1953154

I'm glad I went up to Haysville this year. Not only did I bring home some cool parts and projects, but I also met a lot of cool people who were a ton of fun to talk with about bikes! I look forward to coming back again next year!
That Spyder bike is pretty cool. I picked up the blue version of this same bike this past summer. Nice score Austin. I will try and make it to this swap this year. Thanks for the pix. Mark.

Back