When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

20's Shelby Motobike Badge? Sleuths needed...

-

SKPC

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
I have been working on an early Shelby wood-rim 28-er that was mostly complete sans BADGE, a common disappointment for many. The bike has a Meiselbach fork and the early serial number of 205150 which could possibly put it in the 1921 to 1925 range, when Shelby Cycle Frame builders founded by AD Meiselbach was turning out frames and forks. In 1923, apparently a deal was struck to make a Shelby-badged bike for Chicago Cycle Supply company. CCSC also purchased the entire output of these early Shelby frames and forks and most likely mounted a variety of badges on them....
Can someone here interpret what this distinctive badge shadow could have been? Someone would know. Photos of the bike in question with badge outline and 2-3/16" screw spacing. Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Marty of course had the shape filed away deep inside his personal computer! Thanks man, spot on shape, but OOPS, badge holes!?!?
@barneyguey ? The Lawlor badge may also work Marty with the badge holes&shape correct...Pete
1633961342986.png

Also found these two spot on badges that have the correctly spaced badge holes...LOOK at that TIGER badge! Oh boy. Would love to get my hands on the Caddy badge.
1633961921390.png

1633961967098.png

A nice Lawlor in the @catfish collection..

Last edited:
I was told it might have been the Caddy badge as well.
But both the Tiger badge and Lawlor badge also look great

I would of never have guessed that the bike was originally orange.
I will definitely keep an eye on your project to see how it turns out.

Badge located, so stoked.. @cyclingday from the beginning memorized the shape and holes relationship. And many thanks to Volksboy who provided this super nice uncleaned example of the Lawlor's which will soon be reunited with this early Shelby Cycle Frame Builders machine. Long live The Cabe.
1672863682675.jpeg

and @barneyguey post link below to the Lawlor's details...

Last edited:
Back