When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

20th Century Bracket Question? Lamp Bracket?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

New Mexico Brant

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
Has anyone seen this bracket type before with an adjustable ball? I have 20th Century lamps but the brackets are very different. Is this a lamp bracket and how exactly was it used?? Any thoughts appreciated. Kindly, Brant

I've seen them. I think it is for mounting a camera on your bike.

I too was thinking that at first Ed. The wing nut on the end on the ball threaded section doesn’t however make sense; this nut doesn’t turn down far enough to mount a camera. Possibly someone added the nut after the fact? Also the Kodak Eastman version has a flat round flange the same as all the tripods of the period. The flange supports the camera underbelly and prevents the device being over threaded on the mount.

f4b05e176e3679fe06c5fe36bdbde3ee.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has anyone seen this bracket type before with an adjustable ball? I have 20th Century lamps but the brackets are very different. Is this a lamp bracket and how exactly was it used?? Any thoughts appreciated. Kindly, Brant

View attachment 1091959

View attachment 1091960
Hi Brant,
What does the wording read on it?
I can make out the "PATAPLD" bit, but not the rest.
Does it say "CENTURY" or "CENTAUR" on the other piece of the clamp?
Cheers,
Darren.

Back