When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

$24.00 fee added to UPS & FedEx

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
UPS Effective Dec. 29, 2019 The weight threshold for applying an Additional Handling surcharge will be lowered from 70 pounds to 50 pounds actual weight for UPS Ground and UPS Air services.

One more reason to go to bike swap meets and do bike deals in person. I usually have four or five pre sold bikes that get delivered to Ohio and Mich every spring. Most people would rather pick them up in person, and don't mind waiting for them. I usually have to bring one or two back east with me as well.

I shipped a size limit 30lb bike box from NY to Chicago last month and it was $120- gonna kill sales to Cali- no idea what they will charge these days- crazy.

Shipping in two boxes is the way to go even before this . The issue I see is the complete ballooners I’ve shipped in the past in two boxes creeps pretty close to the 50 lb mark . Higgins Colorflow comes to mind at 46 lb or so . This is also the reason a lot of bikes get parted . If you have to disassemble the bike anyways unless it’s a $1,200 dollar or more bike your losing substantial money trying to do the right thing. This will make it even less worth shipping complete bikes . I’m wondering if this fee will be added to bike flights and or ship bikes . Shipping cost is getting way out of hand even on small items & is really hurting the hobby these days. The kicker is gas cost is reasonable so theses no reason for this other than corporate greed.

Last edited:
Back