When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

$24.00 fee added to UPS & FedEx

-
i wonder if this rule will be inforced? If your shipping a bike and put the box as 9 inches wide that usually adds $10 at least but if you put it at 8 inches wide its cheaper. Maybe if the bike weighs 60 pounds but you put on the label its 50 pounds they’ll let it slide?
fedex machines measure packages and come after you for more $$

This is bull! They’re making a killing with online shopping these days. I know why they’re doing it - we have no choice but to pay it! If UPS and FedEx had a competitor or three, they would be pressured in a good way.

I spent 45 minutes on the phone with Fedex last night. The website was down and couldn't get a simple shipping estimate. Talked to 4 different agents in USA and Philippines. They could not access their own website! Then they thought it was the best idea to start telling lies! Great business move! What happens when they are taken over by Amazon?

I recently sent a stingray 45 lbs. from central Florida to central California, 65.00 ,by shipbikes.com.

B/S'ing the weight is a form of theft if you think about it. Yes, prices go up for everyone. Just the same as shoplifting. prices go up to cover the "shrinkage" or loss for everyone. Same with insurance scams. Premiums go up for everyone. What goes around comes around.
AND if the big companies stop trying to ROB the people with there BS rate hikes, then maybe the little guy will stop giving false information!!!
It works both ways my friend!!! The big shipping companies round up the 1/2 inch... that could actually put you in a total different price bracket as much as $20.00.... The weight increases are only $1's apart. Fedex tried saying the weight of 2 Raleigh Choppers where 116 KG which is 255.74 pounds...REALLY??? They weighed 42 and 45 pounds per carton which is 87 pounds which is 39.4 Kilograms.... This happened TWICE!
Then bikeflights JACKS UP THE CUSTOM CHARGES WHICH IS TOTAL BS!!! They tried charging $93.00 custom charges to Australia when in fact the charges were a flat $10 US.... So you see as you say, what goes around comes around.

AND if the big companies stop trying to ROB the people with there BS rate hikes, then maybe the little guy will stop giving false information!!!
It works both ways my friend!!! The big shipping companies round up the 1/2 inch... that could actually put you in a total different price bracket as much as $20.00.... The weight increases are only $1's apart. Fedex tried saying the weight of 2 Raleigh Choppers where 116 KG which is 255.74 pounds...REALLY??? They weighed 42 and 45 pounds per carton which is 87 pounds which is 39.4 Kilograms.... This happened TWICE!
Then bikeflights JACKS UP THE CUSTOM CHARGES WHICH IS TOTAL BS!!! They tried charging $93.00 custom charges to Australia when in fact the charges were a flat $10 US.... So you see as you say, what goes around comes around.

Two wrongs don't make a "right". If the shipping companies are lying and fudging the specs and fees, does that make it ok for the Customer to do the same? That turns into a mess. If official representatives in a company are doing this, they should be called on it, and lose their jobs, possibly charged.

I agree, companies big or small have no right to squeeze money from customers using bogus measurements, weights, or Customs formula's. I've been dissatisfied with inaccurate and unfair taxes levied on used goods ( antiques) imported for years. Often times the item is over 50 years old should be duty free. Also it has usually been taxed multiple times so should not be re-taxed. Then there are bogus broker and handling fees attached. If it can be proven that the item is not available in the country you reside, then it should be clear to import without any fees. Free Trade ( agreement between Canada and the U.S.A.) doesn't apply to the "little guy". The fees and red tape I went through to import a 1957 Nash were insane!! Cheers!

Two wrongs don't make a "right". If the shipping companies are lying and fudging the specs and fees, does that make it ok for the Customer to do the same? That turns into a mess. If official representatives in a company are doing this, they should be called on it, and lose their jobs, possibly charged.

I agree, companies big or small have no right to squeeze money from customers using bogus measurements, weights, or Customs formula's. I've been dissatisfied with inaccurate and unfair taxes levied on used goods ( antiques) imported for years. Often times the item is over 50 years old should be duty free. Also it has usually been taxed multiple times so should not be re-taxed. Then there are bogus broker and handling fees attached. If it can be proven that the item is not available in the country you reside, then it should be clear to import without any fees. Free Trade ( agreement between Canada and the U.S.A.) doesn't apply to the "little guy". The fees and red tape I went through to import a 1957 Nash were insane!! Cheers!
I wouldn't consider it two wrongs. I would consider it using THEIR FORMULA 8) Maybe they'll catch the drift!!!
AMEN to your next paragraph!!!

Back