When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

24 in Elgin?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

mrg

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
Just saw this in a no comment thread so posted it here, a Murry built 24 in. long tank Elgin, don't remember ever seeing a 24 longtank execpt in the catalog?, oh ya, ck those soapbox derby cars in front of the car!
1595914232254.png

Last edited:
Bumping this up to see if anyone has come across a 24 in. Long tank Murry/Elgin like this one, coolest looking 24!

Seen the fenders around on other models but never seen a 24 in. Murry long tank and that curved bar frame but it's in the Sears catalog so got to be some out there, anyone?

Wonder how that parade bike has damage to the fender braces? I am pretty sure If there's a 24" out there it's either well hidden or probably unfortunately been destroyed. Let's hope the 1st ....

Just a kids bike that he fixed up for a parade, looks like the fender & brace took a hit and pops added a aftermarket rack at some time. bike looks exact to the catalog down to the pinstripes ( even fork dart ) and being only a year ( or less ) model coming out sometime in 41 and by 42 the were war time shortage bikes, no tanks, less chrome, painted badges etc. so probably not many sold ( also only 50 cents less than the 26 in. ) but still there's got to be a few out there?, I've wanted one of these curved frame long tank Murry/Elgin for years to go with my "real" Snyder built 24 in Hawthorne Zep with locking fork!

Last edited:
Back