When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

24 inch tires (24x2.125) what are my options?

-

bloo

I live for the CABE
What are my options for 24x2.125 tires? Looking mainly for blackwalls, and mainly for a tread pattern that would not look too out of place on an early 50s (or prewar for that matter) bike.

As near as I can tell, modern tires in this size consist mainly of Schwinn brick-tread clones, and Goodyear diamond-tread clones. The ads on Ebay all list a bunch of colors, but if you click on the drop down boxes, almost everything is out of stock. All black or even whitewall are non-starters in any sort of old fashioned tread pattern. Is this a covid thing or is it usually this hard to get 24 inch tires?

Is anything else made with an older-looking tread? I probably have room for something that is a little oversize.

I see the "diamond tread" tires are made by both Cheng Shin and Duro. I have noticed in the past that some of these diamond tread tires are really heavy, like for an industrial trike, while others are more like bike tires. Is this a Cheng Shin vs Duro difference or something else? How do you tell what you are getting?

here are a couple options

20210117_070544.jpg

20210117_070556.jpg

20210223_035540.jpg

Thought that I saw some in black online, prices seem higher than usual though.
I did see a 2.125” Cruiser style for an affordable ~$10/ea.

I believe it will be best for me not to put NOS tires on this, as I might let them get low and crack, those chains look good though!. I found some get-by-for-now tires (Kenda Kiniption) at a local bike shop. Thanks for all the responses!

Back