When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

24" J.C. Higgins Restomod

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I too have always had a problem remembering which way my ass crack is supposed to go on the seat. I've been using a Sharpie to draw my lines, but it wears off quickly. I like your more permanent solution.
There's always more than one solution to any problem, glad I could help. ;)

The original fender light was only half there and what was left was completely trashed (see the first post), so I substituted a horn to fill the space. It's no headlight but it looks like it could have been there all along! Not sure if it works yet, but it's staying either way.

100_4778.JPG
100_4781.JPG

Decision time!

I finished everything yesterday and tried on a few sets of bars. My initial thoughts from the beginning was to keep the original bars but it turned out that they are bent to much to keep. I dug into my stash and found a couple of suitably sized bars that are not shaped like the original but are the right look for this little cruiser. One set is totally brown from rust (keeping with the ratty theme) and the other is worn but decent chrome that goes well with the new chrome wheels. Also just for fun I put a set of apes on it for a hot rod look. I've never been a fan of ape hangers but it does work well with this bike and also makes it ridable (barely) for a bigger kid like me!

I have my preference but I thought it would be good to get some outside opinions since I'll be offering this up for sale this coming Saturday at the Get-A-Grip show in Cleveland TN.

What do you think?
100_4782.JPG
100_4783.JPG
100_4784.JPG

Hit that bad boy with some boiled linseed oil 2-3 times wiping off after each time and it'll POP :)

Reactions: TRM
I've always leaned towards new but appropriate matching wheels on these older bikes. It definitely encourages riding the bike more & if done right, doesn't detract from its' over-all look. Nice!
full-d-1521769580-jpg.jpg

Back