When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

24" Phantom Springer Questions

-

Krakatoa

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
Does anyone here have any experience with 24" Schwinn Phantom springer forks? How many years was this model offered? Was the springer also offered on a lesser model without the lock? Was a 24" springer offered prewar? Guessing these are considered rare? Wondering if any Cabers had one that could help me with some reference dimensions and pictures of the springer. Also wondering what a ball park value to expect to buy/sell one would be?

Thanks,

Nate

3e25c58479a43bb2018483f7927358ee.jpeg

They typically sell for more than 26" springers.... were mostly found on the 24" Phantoms...
Ball park is 300 range or even more ..on those, most I've seen are locking...
I once owned a 24" ladies Hornet bike with a locking springer, I believe Paul Kleppert has that bicycle presently...
very unusual with a taller steer tube and was same dimensions as the Whizzer S10 forks.

I've also seen the rare S10 forks offered for sale as 24" Phantom etc forks... different animal
altogether but also quite rare and sought after amongst the whizzer folks.

Watch ebay for one.... If you're just looking for the size? Krate springers are basically 24"
bike springers... Should mount up to a 24" Ballooner mens frame (ladies had taller steer tubes)

good luck!

restored 24" Phantom with locking springer...

Back