When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

24" S-7 Spoke Help

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Arjnmrskr213

Finally riding a big boys bike
Suspended
I am going to swapp out the S-5 rims on my triwheeler for some 28 spoke 24" s-7 rims since finding tires is kinda hard not to mention they dont make even offer white walls. Does anyone know the correct spoke length as i need to reuse my original hubs.

Hi, if applicable, my 1973 schwinn town country triwheeler spokes around 262mm or 10 5/16" for all 3 wheels. All 3 rims 24", 28 spoke but stamped S6. Rear hubs Chair brand, front hub no markings with raised center. Good luck!

Hi, if applicable, my 1973 schwinn town country triwheeler spokes around 262mm or 10 5/16" for all 3 wheels. All 3 rims 24", 28 spoke but stamped S6. Rear hubs Chair brand, front hub no markings with raised center. Good luck!
Can u post a pic of your trike? Theres two versions of the triwheeler. The 73 and older that use a regular front and back wheel for the rear and the 74 and newer like mine use special hubs that lock onto the 5/8 axles

I believe I measured about the same on the town and country I took apart last night. It was marked with 81 parts and 82 badge. I was thinking about putting the rear end on something else since the front end of this bike is trashed....
Something to note though, there is not enough clearance for S-7 rims and tires on the rear in its current state. At the very least, you would have to dish the new rims outward to get away from the basket/fender sub-assembly. Still not sure if the tires would clear the fender bridge assembly.
Even then...does anyone make reproduction 24" S-7 tires...? I'd have to have a set of rims and tires first before attempting this modification.

If you take a picture of your hubs and I verify they're the same as mine, I could measure my S-7 rims/hubs and calculate spoke lengths. Or just get me millimeter dimensions from your hub flanges(width flange to flange and diameter from centers of spoke holes) which must be precise.

Heres my hib

16534966427036637139462969639761.jpg

IMG_20220525_1330050.jpg

Not much clearance...dishing the rim by 1mm difference in length of spokes wouldn't be a big deal though.

I'm assuming your hub is split seam like this too? ...with a roll pin holding it in place.
IMG_20220525_1330409.jpg

No, you have the one wheel drive Town & Country that ran from 1968-1973. I have the dual drive Town & Country like the one on the pic I posted. With the one wheel drive t&c the back used a rear coaster brake wheel on the left and a front wheel on the right. On my town and country each side of the trike rear end has a 5/8 keyed shaft sticking out and the wheels slip on 5/8 axle

1979_schwinn_town_and_country_adult_tri-wheeler_200_36800051.jpg

Back