When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

24" Sears Spyder - help ID'ing the year?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

PLERR

Finally riding a big boys bike
Well, I'm going to join in the chorus of folks trying to nail down the year of their Sears muscle bikes. I really did try. The Murray Serial Number Project here on the CABE, Wishbookweb, Google... I came close on Wishbookweb, but no exact match.

The S/N is 502456220178585.

I know 502 is Sears. I'm feeling confident that the catalog number is 45622. So the remaining digits, 0178585, must be the consecutive unit number. Unit numbers are usually six digit, so the 0 may indicate something else, but I don't know for sure.

Features that may help identify the year are the SR style headbadge, the seat style, the triple stripe on the seat tube, and the chain guard. Rear tire is a Sears Allstate redline. I'm hoping it's original.

The sissy bar is a later addition, but any info on the vintage of that piece would also be appreciated.

Thanks,
E=-)

Back