When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

25 of the Most Influential Bicycles of All Time

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
The person that created that is nutso and doesn't have a clue. Good for a laugh after I read this and I'm sure there is more confusion on all the others. Maybe one correct factoid here and the classification Lightweight has absolutely nothing to do with how much a bike weighs. :rolleyes:

Schwinn Varsity

1564346891809.png

First sold in 1960, the Schwinn Varsity was the most widely sold derailleur-equipped bike of all time with nearly two million sold. The 21-inch aluminum suspension frame with a rigid fork has been jokingly called “the heaviest lightweight bicycle ever built.”

In terms of design, the Varsity looked like many European imports, but its low cost led to a high popularity. This also made the sport of cycling more accessible to Americans. The bike’s signature derailleur even popularized the term “ten-speed.” The Varsity was retired in 1960, but remains an American classic.

I don't think any arguing is needed. Their twenty five are purely subjective opinions, none of which would line up with my twenty five.

What a mess, they hop around decades, back and forth, and forget to mention anything between 1906 and 1938...LOL

Given the selections, it should be expanded to the top 100 influential bikes of all time!

Back