When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

26 1 3/8 EA-3 rim erto 37 x 590

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

GoPackGo

On Training Wheels
Hello. I am giving a 1955 Schwinn traveler some TLC and my bike mechanic is telling me one of the rims needs to be replaced.
Does anyone have an EA-3 rim they could sell me?

I can't take a picture of the rim because the bike is in the shop. my mechanic says I just need an EA3 outside rim for a sturmey archer 3 speed hub that is in working order. He is going to respoke it anyways. he gave me this info 26 1 3/8 EA-3 rim erto 37 x 590
I hope you can help!
my email address is [email protected]
I'm located in Grand Rapids, MI

Hes probably trying to steer you away from Schwinn proprietary tires,26 X 1-3/8. Not a bad idea

I don't think its that, I think he's trying to replace the bent EA3 rim with another EA3. I believe the EA3 rims are original. The sturmy archer 3 speed hub has a 54 stamped on it and its a 1955 Schwinn traveler by serial number. Do you know what year schwinn went to proprietary rims? 1956??

Never seen an Early Traveler with a 590 , Ever.
597 is correct and earlier is a 599 .
Ask him what size the front tire is.....

My thoughts exactly - 597mm is Schwinn standard, 599 would be the early stuff from the 40s and before. Probably 597 here if the wheels have not been swapped. It's always possible someone swapped in 590 wheels, but usually it turns out to be 597mm Schwinn size. If you buy a 590 tire and try to put it on the 597, won't fit. The bike shop guy here is right that most of the time, 590 is correct because we're talking an English bike. But Schwinn played games with their tire and rim sizings...

Back