When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

26 inch Free Spirit

-

Willig5

'Lil Knee Scuffer
I obtained another vintage bike yesterday. It's a 26 inch Free Spirit girls bike. My wife likes it so we may just keep it for the camp grounds. I think it's probably an old Sears bike. I haven't been able to find much info on it by the serial number, but it's a very comfortable single speed with pedal brakes. Anyone know anything about these? View attachment 1676986View attachment 1676987
0808221515.jpg
0808221524.jpg

Last edited:
A pretty nice kept bike but these were low end and therefore not really what is considered a collectible. Looks 1980s. Should make decent transportation though. V/r Shawn

I guess that's a possibility, but they are well made for just a throw away piece.
I think they were more for protecting the threads on the axle bolts.

After some research, it seems you were right. They are packing protectors.
Does having them on the bike help to retain any value?
The only value this bike has is as transportation. Even if it were mint, in the box it wouldn’t have much value. I would take them off and save them if you want to but it isn’t going to make a difference value wise. V/r Shawn

Back