When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

26 inch springer question?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

coasterbrakejunkie1969

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
Another member was asking about springers for Schwinn bikes and for that matter any bike. I'm looking for a quality chrome spring fork for 26 inch bikes. I see many on the feebay and the prices are all over the place. I do not mind paying up for a decent quality fork, I was wondering what others have used and if they are happy with them. Is one manufacturer considered to be a better quality? Any help is appreciated.

I would say depends on what you are building. I have used the cheap ones you see on e bay and then updated them with the correct Schwinn Yoke and A/S bolts. Sometimes you have to grind the stem to fit the head tube.

Here is one with correct yoke and bolts.

Last edited:
I would say depends on what you are building. I have used the cheap ones you see on e bay and then updated them with the correct Schwinn Yoke and A/S bolts. Sometimes you have to grind the stem to fit the head tube. View attachment 1632300

Here is one with correct yoke and bolts.
I will say the one modern one I recently used seemed very stout. I'm myself are a middleweight and just like to cruise. I would certainly choose a different bike if I was to do any heavy duty riding.

The one on my Worksman M2200 came off a Giant made Schwinn from the 90s, not sure who made it but it's stout. I have had good luck with the Sunlite ones and HBBC ones from 10 yrs ago, but I think they were made by the same supplier in Taiwan. The ones that came on the Dyno Glides and Coasters of the 90s were also strong. I haven't tried any of the recent ones.

Another member was asking about springers for Schwinn bikes and for that matter any bike. I'm looking for a quality chrome spring fork for 26 inch bikes. I see many on the feebay and the prices are all over the place. I do not mind paying up for a decent quality fork, I was wondering what others have used and if they are happy with them. Is one manufacturer considered to be a better quality? Any help is appreciated.
I have a fondness for the type 2 Monark springer forks and have been saving up for an OG one, but have yet to find one.. Also like the Rat Trap ones used on the Spaceliner bikes too...

Back