When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

26" peaked front fender for 1939 boys Elgin

-

Rivnut

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
I bought what I was told was a pair of peaked fenders for a 26" boys prewar Elgin. I bought them sometime ago knowing what I needed. I got some other projects finished and pulled the fenders from the box and started working on them. The front needed a lot of hammer and dolly work. Finally satisfied, I fastened it to the fork only to figure out that the front fender is for a middleweight. Expletives. So I'm in the need of a peaked front fender for a 26" BALLOON 1939 Elgin. I've got a nice 26" middleweight if anyone is looking for one. Primered and ready for paint.

Thanks,
Ed

I am not that familiar with the differences in the two manufacturers. If you can give me a clue, I'll check it out.

If you have the rear, I would be interested. The one I have has been bumped in the rear and the metal is split. Probably too thin to try to weld .

Here are a couple of pictures that I too of it over a year ago when I first got it. Maybe you can tell.

Thanks, Ed

I know the fork is not the correct one. I do have one now.

IMG_20190213_144232006.jpg

IMG_20190213_144000134.jpg

BW
Those look to be something that I could use. In the picture, my bike is leaning on a kick stand but for it to be accurate, it should have a drop stand. Is the rear fender strong enough to be drilled and mount a drop stand clip? Let me see what Fat Tire Trader comes up with, he replied first, and I'll get back to you.

Thanks, Ed

Hi Ed,
BWs fenders look like what you need. I'll be to my pile of fenders later today. I might have a good single one. The ones that I have, have been sand blasted. Your front fork does not look like what I am used to seeing in those frames. I think it should have a fork like the one on my bike.
Thanks,
Chris

I have that fork now. If you think that BWs are an okay deal, I'll go that way. But, when you dig out what you have, let me know. Perhaps I can make a pair and find a buyer.

Could you tell by my pictures whether my bike is a Murray or a Westfield? What's your clue?

Ed

I have that fork now. If you think that BWs are an okay deal, I'll go that way. But, when you dig out what you have, let me know. Perhaps I can make a pair and find a buyer.

Could you tell by my pictures whether my bike is a Murray or a Westfield? What's your clue?

Ed

Back