When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

26" Schwinn Racer

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Big Moe

I live for the CABE
Started a new project awhile back. Got a Jan 16, 1963 racer that someone had painted brown over the original black. Few days ago, I found a donor bike in the form of a girl's all pro 3 speed. I actually like the shifter setup, you just twist the hand grip. Need to get tire's, and maybe a shift cable. Going to get it functional, then blow it apart and try to remove the brown paint. Currently in mock-up. Here's pictures. Enjoy, Big Moe

IMG_20161115_162417345.jpg

IMG_20161115_171807463.jpg

IMG_20161115_171943246_HDR.jpg

View attachment 384443

IMG_20161115_171750506.jpg

Last edited:
Made a little progress on the racer today. Tires finally came in, and added the front brake. I think I'm going to leave it with just the brake on the front and skip the rear brake. I like the way it looks with just 2 cables on it. Now to get the shift cable functioning and crank assembly and chain on it.

IMG_20161126_163842315.jpg

My opinion is, if you restore to basically original, you need both brakes. I think it would look unbalanced without them both. Just me tho

I have a thing for symmetry, and I like the idea of just one cable to the front and one to the rear. About the only way I would put the rear brake on it is if I could have it down on the bottom bar right behind the kickstand. I might do that. Thanks for your thoughts. Big Moe

Back