When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

26'' schwinn stainless rims, info needed

-

nick tures

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
just got these in some parts i bought, can anyone tell me more about these ? are they rare ? rear hub date is 1955 thanks

IMG_4323.JPG

IMG_4320.JPG

IMG_4319.JPG

IMG_4318.JPG

IMG_4317.JPG

IMG_4316.JPG

IMG_4315.JPG

IMG_4314.jpg

IMG_4313.JPG

It looks to me like it's not a matching set of rims. One looks like a standard knurled S6 and the other looks like a smooth stainless. The stainless is uncommon, but not truly "rare". They were an upgrade over the regular S6 rims and appeared on many of the mid-range and higher level bikes like the 3-speed Continental tourist (a different bike from the later and lower level 10-speed). They're my favorite Schwinn rim.

It looks to me like it's not a matching set of rims. One looks like a standard knurled S6 and the other looks like a smooth stainless. The stainless is uncommon, but not truly "rare". They were an upgrade over the regular S6 rims and appeared on many of the mid-range and higher level bikes like the 3-speed Continental tourist (a different bike from the later and lower level 10-speed). They're my favorite Schwinn rim.

what is a fair price to sell them for ?

Condition on these rims is everything. Even though they are "Stainless" they can and do rust. Because of that they will develop pits. Also if the alloy is relatively soft so they do dent.
They can really polish up nicely though!

Stainless S-2s will be worth more than Stainless S-6 rims. The last set of matching stainless S-6s I got came in a set of excellent condition wheels complete with spokes, dural hubs, etc. for less than half that, maybe 3 years ago. With non-matching rims, the value drops further.

Back