When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

26 Silver King ???

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

MTGeorge

Finally riding a big boys bike
I picked up these Silver Kings this past weekend. I wasn't really sure I wanted the two lady's bikes but I took them home anyway thinking I might use the stem or some other parts for the men's. The Lady bike in front is the one that has got me puzzled. My first thought was that the fork had been swapped out for a 26 and that somebody had squeezed a 26 wheel on the rear. The skip tooth wheel set is matched and the sprocket looks like a Monark to me. It has aluminum bars but the stem may have been swapped out too. It has 26" aluminum fenders with the holes for lacing up a skirt guard. Also the dimensions of the frame are slightly different than the other one behind it. My camera has taken a dump so it might be a day or two before I can get more pics. Anybody got any theories?
20140126_175636_337_zpsb80dfd57-1.jpg

20140126_175628_328_zpsfeeec89d-1.jpg

Hey, you picked them up! Much easier to see now.. Looks like the fork and the whole drivetrain was swapped. Either somebody wanted 26" wheels, or the fork got bent or any number of reasons people do things over the years. The chainring is from a 35-36 Roadmaster. The wheels and fenders would be replacements as well. I'm not an expert but I believe all SK fenders were stainless, like the other one. The only year that Monark used a skiptooth drivetrain was 1935. These are all a year or two later.

With what you have, it looks like you can assemble one pretty complete, basic ladies bicycle, then make back some money with the aluminum fenders, Roadmaster crank and frame. Cheers!

Back