eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
These ads go away when you register for an account!

wrongway

I live for the CABE
Apr 24, 2012
Pella, IA
I know I've found this elsewhere, but it escapes me. What is the aluminum (or lighter material) replacement for these old British rims that still fit 26x1-3/8 tires in 32 & 40 hole? Thanks

bulldog1935

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Jan 21, 2013
Bulverde, TX
not following your question exactly, but Scandium-doped (alloyed) aluminum is much stronger than previous alloys, allowing much thinner and lighter-weight rims to be formed and welded.

wrongway

I live for the CABE
Apr 24, 2012
Pella, IA
And those will take 26x1-3/8 tires? They don't make them in 40 hole, do they?

SKPC

I live for the CABE
Feb 2, 2018
Utah - United States
Yes, those polished silver CR18's by Sun are a light and strong rim. This 590 ERD rim was designed to run 1-3/8" tires, but doesn't necessarily mean you need to do so. I have recently seen 590erd tires for electric bikes 2" wide on ebay as of late that would fit that 590mm. You may see more in the future of this weird size if electric bikes continue to use the 590 rim. BTW, I have a brand new set of the Sun 590 erd polished/eyeletted rims sitting around you may want to take off my hands? pm me if so..

sam

I live for the CABE
May 24, 2006
San Antonio, United States
Cr18s do come in 40 hole--36 and 32 also I believe. You might have to do some searching to find them

east laker

On Training Wheels
Nov 28, 2018
Chattanooga, TN
I bought a 40 hole Sun CR18 last year from Bikewagon, but I think they're now part of Level Nine Sports -- may or may not still carry them.

This ad goes away when you register for an account!

blackhawknj

Look Ma, No Hands!
Nov 29, 2016
Plainsboro, United States
I relaced the hubs from my Huffy Bay Pointe into a pair of Sun CR-18 rims-EXCELLENT ! Next year I will build an SA hub wheel for that bke.i

This ad goes away when you register for an account!