When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

26x1-3/8 Aluminum Rim

-

wrongway

I live for the CABE
I know I've found this elsewhere, but it escapes me. What is the aluminum (or lighter material) replacement for these old British rims that still fit 26x1-3/8 tires in 32 & 40 hole? Thanks

not following your question exactly, but Scandium-doped (alloyed) aluminum is much stronger than previous alloys, allowing much thinner and lighter-weight rims to be formed and welded.

you can get both 650A and 650B rims (and quality tires) from Japan - pretty sure you're asking about 650A

I also believe the Sun rims I linked to are the CR18 you're asking about

800px-Tyre_and_Rim_Technical_data_02-en.png

Last edited:
Yes, those polished silver CR18's by Sun are a light and strong rim. This 590 ERD rim was designed to run 1-3/8" tires, but doesn't necessarily mean you need to do so. I have recently seen 590erd tires for electric bikes 2" wide on ebay as of late that would fit that 590mm. You may see more in the future of this weird size if electric bikes continue to use the 590 rim. BTW, I have a brand new set of the Sun 590 erd polished/eyeletted rims sitting around you may want to take off my hands? pm me if so..

Cr18s do come in 40 hole--36 and 32 also I believe. You might have to do some searching to find them

I bought a 40 hole Sun CR18 last year from Bikewagon, but I think they're now part of Level Nine Sports -- may or may not still carry them.

Back