When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Found 27" by 1 1/4" Schwinn rim, steel, tubular

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Tom Hand

Finally riding a big boys bike
Good day,
I am repairing a pals 1980's-1990's Schwinn tandem and his front rim was trashed. I need a new steel Schwinn quality rim that I can lace back up to his original hub. What might anyone have they need to get rid of?

Thank you much!

Tom Hand

Sure it a 27” ? On Schwinns that size was 0nly used on the duo sport and paramount tandems. The rest were either 26 S-5 or 26 S-7’s except for a very few with the scarce S-4’s. I do have nos 27” knurled Schwinn rims.

Thank you for responding. Yessir it is a 27" 1 1/4" tire on front and rear rim. It is a mid 80s Tandem I think based on the date code on the front hub. The rim looks much like the sturdier tubular ones used on the Murray bikes and other HD bikes of the late 1970s as well as the old Schwinns. Please let me know more about the ones you might have.
Thank you much.
Tom

Last edited:
I found one, bought it, and laced it up. Thanks for all your help. :)
Tom Hand

Back