When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

27" frame Schwinn Varsity

-

bigmachine

On Training Wheels
I am wondering if a 27" frame Schwinn Varsity 10 speed is rare my father always said it was a special bike. true or false?

Thanks for any info.

Probably depends on the year. I'm sure there was a large frame made for quite a few years and in 76 there was a 26". I've seen a handful of these large frames and they're not as common as a 24" but I would call them rare.

1545095920640.png

There never was a 27" frame Varsity. Schwinn did offer a 26" frame from 1972 through 1982. There was a 28" frame Continental offered in '82 through part of '83.

There never was a 27" frame Varsity. Schwinn did offer a 26" frame from 1972 through 1982. There was a 28" frame Continental offered in '82 through part of '83.
Thank you for the info it is a 1976 vintage according to the serial# on head tube.

I've owned a 26'' framed Varsity and Continental...AND two Sports Tourer's. But, you could custom order any size frame from Schwinn if you wished and wanted to pay for it in those years.

DSC02844.JPG

DSC02876.JPG

...you could custom order any size *PARAMOUNT* frame from Schwinn if you wished and wanted to pay for it in those years.

FIFY. Only the Paramount could be ordered in custom frame sizes. The Varsity (or any other bike)... not so much.

Back