When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

28” Century Cycle Co.~ Early D Model Schwinn??

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

R.Wheeler

Look Ma, No Hands!
Picked this up a few days ago and can’t find a whole lot of info on Century, other than a letter that someone posted From AS&Co to a retailer detailing how they were sent without order and appearing to be pushed as a Christmas item. The letter (written in Nov. of ‘37) specified that they were a D97X or XE model, but seemingly they were 26” models. This guy is a 28”, has a ‘36 crank, and thus far I have found no information or pics on them.
Any help or input of any kind greatly appreciated!!

I changed out to these bars and stem, as I don’t *believe* the others were original (half moon Torringtons).

M2766

1606856658180.png

1606856593062.png

1606856605448.png

1606856695547.png

It almost looks like someone put 28" wheels on a bike that should have 26" wheels. The frame looks small for that size wheel. Barry

27x1-1/2"? and double tube? Inner tubes I guess. What size rim would that have been?
My rims, which the seller said were original, measure 25-1/2 and the Silvertown tires are marked 28x1-1/2. Here’s my guess~ It’s one of those Schwinn tire size things. I have a set of Silvertowns on my Schwinn Fleet that has S7 rims, and the measurement markings are in fraction instead of decimal on both. It makes sense to me, based on that alone, that it’s a Schwinn thing. I *believe* that a standard 28” rim actually measures 25”. However, this is my first real step into the tall ballooner game, and will stand corrected if told otherwise.

Can you take a measurement of the fender bridge? I can compare it to some of my c frames and we can see if it’s smaller

Back