When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

28 clincher wheels help

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

ohmybike

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Ok. I bought a set of 28” wheels. Didn’t realize that there 2 different sizes. I noticed when I was trying to put tires. The rear wheel measures 25” round and the front measures 25 3/4” round. For sure is not s set. Where would the front be from? Thanks.

I imagine you mean diameter, in which case the smaller size would be ISO 635mm or what was also called 700b. The other one I have no idea as I can't find anything that's ISO 654mm (25.75"). What are you measuring to? ISO is the most precise measuring standard and it refers to the bead seat diameter in mm rather than a mix of archaic systems that often use almost the same terminology, but are not interchangeable. Does the larger size wheel have some kind of wall extension beyond the bead seat? The next larger size is 642mm, which was also called 700a. Anything I can find that's larger is much too large.

I imagine you mean diameter, in which case the smaller size would be ISO 635mm or what was also called 700b. The other one I have no idea as I can't find anything that's ISO 654mm (25.75"). What are you measuring to? ISO is the most precise measuring standard and it refers to the bead seat diameter in mm rather than a mix of archaic systems that often use almost the same terminology, but are not interchangeable. Does the larger size wheel have some kind of wall extension beyond the bead seat? The next larger size is 642mm, which was also called 700a. Anything I can find that's larger is much too large.

I’m measuring from top to bottom. That sucks now I have locate same style rim. Could it for a tall frame bike?

AB3C5483-995C-40E8-A06F-152DCE15B426.jpeg

0DB4FC53-80FB-4D84-A7C8-80528BAEC23D.jpeg

Unfortunately there are no new tires available for the rims above, those rims take a unique clincher tire that wrapped around a tube and folded together fitting in the slot. I have used 27 inch but the pop the bead, riding probably will not be in your favor on those. You can Use Sheldon Brown's site to get good cross reference on wheels sizes and bsd.

Unfortunately there are no new tires available for the rims above, those rims take a unique clincher tire that wrapped around a tube and folded together fitting in the slot. I have used 27 inch but the pop the bead, riding probably will not be in your favor on those. You can Use Sheldon Brown's site to get good cross reference on wheels sizes and bsd.

Nope not going to use the front one for sure. I got some tires for the rims. The rear is ok they fit fine but not the front. Now I’m on the look out for a front clincher rim. Smh ‍♂️

Just curious, what size tire did you get to fit that? Just a FYI, the bead seat diameter is a bit smaller than the edge to edge measurement.

According to my Sutherlands manual there is a 28x1 1/4 / EA2 / 700 that is a bead seat diameter of 647. I have never seen one in 40 years of bicycle work, but there may be one out there somewhere. It's hard enough to get 28x1 1/2.

Check out this chart, pretty nifty:

https://www.bikecollectives.org/wiki/index.php?title=Rim

Last edited:
Back