When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

28" Clincher Wheels, Metal or Faux Wood

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

KevinsBikes

Wore out three sets of tires already!
From time to time, I build 28" Clinchers, using old hubs and modern 28" wheels. I generally use steel or alloy clincher rims. I could build with Velocity Blunts as well, which I know most people like the profile.

I have built both ISO 622 (what most people call 700c) and also ISO 635, the European size. For some bikes one or the other may look better, also factoring in if you use fenders or not.

Example of Faux Wood, 28" (ISO 635 - just a hair larger than 700c/ISO 622) but I think it gave a good look for the late 1800's bike.

Example of Painted Black rims:

Feel free to ask questions! Here or PM is fine.

It takes me a long time to get the rims in (30-40 days) so please PM with interest, color, size and desired hub type. Prices you see in sold ads include a typical old front hub and a Model D or Morrow rear hub. Keep in mind I cannot offer a set of wheels for $350 and use a $100 front hub and a $200 rear hub at my cost. If you want to send me hubs for exact period correctness, I reduce the price generally $75.

Kevin just finished this set for me.
0F11E0F7-6E51-4914-8BF0-EB234064BF19.jpeg

951098FF-EB58-4A30-99B5-78A15AFF760A.jpeg

803B68AA-2727-476E-A281-C17AA07981CB.jpeg

61DE6683-9F0F-46EF-95C8-5AC6AB39118C.jpeg

Those are absolutely incredible !!! So what does a set done up exactly like this go for.......? I'm amazed :)
$600 as shown, but I give options, price shipped:

Rims only - $300
Laced with stainless spokes, hubs you provide - $425
Laced with stainless spokes, hubs I provide ($75 value hubs) - $500
The Linus tires/tubes shown are $100+ shipped to me, I just transfer that cost without any profit - $600 (what you see here).

I add $10-15 for shipping the rear hub fully assembled or going all the way to the east coast since it requires me to go find a larger box and shipping cost is more.

I have some cheaper painted rims as well, and I do VB 35's. PM me for more details and i'm happy to talk over the phone about it as well to answer any questions.

Back