When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Found 28" Colson Fork

-

tjkajecj

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Just received a 1933 28" Colson bike recently.
The fork was twisted during packaging or shipping.
No fault of previous owner, as he had a bike shop handle packaging and shipping.
Looking to replace...I know the chances are practically nil, but want to try this avenue first.

PM me with offers...I hope.

Thanks,
Tim

1587242817442.png

1587242826687.png
1587242842381.png

Last edited:
Beyond my abilities, hernias and bad elbows would not allow me to fix it.
I will check with a local bike shop, but would not hold out much hope they could fix.
Easier to buy another one, if available.
If none are... then will try to get repaired.

Tim

I could be wrong, but this is probably a pretty hard to obtain part. It might actually be better overall, and equally or less expensive to try and have either a bike shop, machine shop, or auto repair garage try and fix it. It doesn't look to be too severely bent. Those are some avenues to perhaps look into. The paint is nice too, and might not get too marred up in repair.

I just realized, you've got a Rover! That is the same model as mine, there in my profile image 1935. Very Nice riding bikes these are. Mine is a 26 inch, and yours is a 28 like you said, so probably a bit earlier than mine. I went out on a 5 mile ride just now before coming on here!

Back