When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

28 Hole Wood Rim

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

David Larson

Look Ma, No Hands!
Looking for a 28 hole [spoke] front rim for my 1901 Steffey Motorbike built on a 1901 Columbia Model 74 Chainless.

I have money or early bicycle/motorcycle stuff for trade. In this situation it might be good to note that I have a 32 spoke rim spoked up with an early front hub that I might trade.

Let me know - thanks!

- David

only if you show me pics of your Steffey. lol. I'll see what I got.

Haha! Promise I will once it's starting to go back together. It is absolutely in pieces right now undergoing a full restoration. The frame should be in paint in a week or two hopefully, and things will start getting nickeled during that time as well. It will be worth the wait!
I want to note that this is not a later Spry-Wheel engine made-up Steffey. This is a correct early Steffey using the early style [ 1900-1904?] slightly rotated cylinder jug, special early crankcases, and right side output!

Also, another member mentioned that you are kinda *the* cycle attachment guy - is this true? Ever dealt with a Steffey before?

Thanks!

Good, sounds like you know your Steffey's. I bought a Spry-Wheel mill a while back. Yea, the jug and head are different. Case probably as well.
as I added, do you need the single tube or clincher style rim?
*the* Cycle attachment guy? maybe, but I think that claim should go to John Stansbury or Dave Bagley.

Last edited:
Good, sounds like you know your Steffey's. I bought a Spry-Wheel mill a while back. Yea, the jug and head are different. Case probably as well.
as I added, do you need the single tube or clincher style rim?
Cycle attachment guy? maybe, but I think that claim should go to John Stansbury or Dave Bagley.

I need the single tube style. Here are some pics of the rear rim that I've got for reference.

I have heard that Bob Winters is the Steffey guy - I haven't been able to get any contact info on him yet though.

AIso, if you happen to have a set of 28 ball-end spokes by chance, I am needing those as well.

Thanks!

20180125_151433.jpg

20180125_151447.jpg

20180125_151456.jpg

Back