When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

28" rod brake roadsters

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Status
Please reply by conversation.

sailorbenjamin

Finally riding a big boys bike
The black one is a 1975ish Raleigh with a 24" frame that I've spent a lot of time cleaning, polishing and greasing. I even rebuilt the 3 speed hub. It works great except for the rims which are rusted through in places.
The green one is a Chinese Phoenix that I bought just for the rims but after cleaning it up, I think I don't want to part it out. I haven't done any mechanical work on it yet. It needs new bottom bracket bearings and probably some other things. It's a single speed. I did buy a bigger freewheel for it but I haven't put it on yet.
Yellow Jersey now has reproduction rims for these, they're about $60 a pair plus shipping.
$300 get you both bikes. If you just want one, I'd sell the Raleigh (without the saddle) for $200, the Phoenix (with the saddle but not the extra freewheel) for $100 and $25 each for the Brooks saddle and the freewheel.
We're in NY, about 45 minutes north of The City. Shipping is a bit of a pain with these cause they're pretty big but I'll do my best.
IMG_69161-1.jpg

IMG_8417-1.jpg
IMG_8419-1.jpg
IMG_8425-1.jpg
IMG_8422-1.jpg
IMG_8421-1.jpg

...ah, I thought it was too good to be true. Oh well... good luck on the sale sir.

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Back