When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

28" x 1 1/2" Wood and Cad Wheel Replacement Wheels, New Road Worthy Wheels & Rims etc

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Lux Low

Finally riding a big boys bike
A couple Years ago LuxLow.com Imported some English / 3 World Roadster Rims and Built up New 28" x 1 1/2 " wheels to sell, These went over with Great Success unfortunatly the price went up and up due to the fact I could no longer get the rims. Since it was the End of the line for that train we decided to Roll again with a New Endeavor.

We Have New 28" x 1.50" wheel sets Achieved with 29er Rims and 700x38 Tires that will get you riding silky smooth on your Ol 28" Wood Wheel Bicycle, Your Main Wheel set or a Spare to your Old Originals.
Lux Low is Now a Dealer for Velocity Rims, Wheelsmith Spokes, and Schwalbe Tires. Now we can sell these Quality Components or Sell fully Built 28" Wheel Sets. Obviously we have these listed in our LuxLowBikes ebay store but also welcome off ebay sales to Cabe members. Gladly take out the Giants cut if not more, you can figure wheelsets are about $50 off the bays price. I do understand being frugal is an issue to so we can sell build packages for the DYI Cab Guy or Gal, Where you supply your own hubs and build the wheels your self.
1. Tell us what hubs your going to use like: New Departure Model A, C, D, M, BRX, SM, W, WL, Morrow Hubs, Corbin, Schwinn, Musselman, and Torrington. We have WheelSmith Spokes Straight and Double butted for all Those in a Cross 4 pattern.
2. We have the 29er 36 Hole Velocity Blunt 35 rims in Black and a Lux Low exclusive Polished which Looks like Cad Covered wood Rims. Blunt 35s have a close Profile to Standard Wood Rims and Steel Covered Wood Rims, This is Generally Later Model Wood Rims. We also Carry now Discontinued Blunt rims in Silver and Polished, These rims are also real close to street the Racing Wood Rims and Steel Covered Wood Racing Rims, The Bigger Racing Wood Profile Not The super light triangular wood rim.
3. With The Use the 29er Blunt 35 we have Cool Colored Schwalbe Tires you end up with a 28" x 1.50" Profile. Schwalbe tires Serious Quality and Tech tires and Although they have logos and Reflex I have found to be a delight to ride on. We have Schwalbe Spicer 700x38 tires in Cream White, Brown Red, Graphite Grey, and Black, we also have some of these in 700x30 for the Blunt Rims. We also Have Schwalbe Little Big Ben 700x38 tires in Cream White and Brown Red. Keep in mind Light colored tires look best on dark rims and Dark tires look best on Light rims. The Brown / Red seems to look good on both.

Shipping is expensive on built wheels but not so bad on components. I will list prices of packages , Double butted spokes and Polished Rims will run more. Shipping will be $25 to most of the US, on top of the prices below
BKSS Black 36 Hole Blunt 35 29er Rims, Straight Gauge Stainless Steel Spokes, Schwalbe Tires, Tubes, and Rim Strips $345
BKDB Black 36 Hole Blunt 35 29er Rims, Double Butted Stainless Steel Spokes, Schwalbe Tires, Tubes, and Rim Strips $375
POSS Polished 36 Hole Blunt 35 29er Rims, Straight Gauge Stainless Steel Spokes, Schwalbe Tires, Tubes, and Rim Strips $370
PODB Polished 36 Hole Blunt 35 29er Rims, Double Butted Stainless Steel Spokes, Schwalbe Tires, Tubes, and Rim Strips $390
Prices for Blunt Rims are $20 cheaper on the silver and the same on the polished as Blunt 35 options

You can figure fully built wheelsets will run about $150 more and have shipping costs, Unfortunately I already ran through My hub stash for the time being, So I would Consider using your hubs and building the wheels and shipping them. You would have to be patient on that. PM Me. Velocity Rims come with 3 Logos that are easily removed, Your rims may or may not have them. Logos are removed from all LuxLow Wheelsets and the Black Wheels sets are hand striped with a cream stripe. Sorry no Pinstriping Option for Rims alone, they need to be laced to be striped. Want more that one set? We will will gladly deal on Multiple sets.

Heres some of our work and color combos, Enjoy
wh28vespredovalllpro.jpg

wh28vespredfull4llpro.jpg

wh28vespredrcllpro.jpg

wh28vespredrc2llpro.jpg

tiswspicerall1.jpg

wh28vespredovalllpro.jpg

wh28vespredfull4llpro.jpg

wh28vespredrcllpro.jpg

wh28vespredrc2llpro.jpg

tiswspicerall1.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you for posting this.....I think this solution will help quite a few people who may not be as inclined to do this themselves.

Back