When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2nd generation redline Gooseneck - Stem value

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Look a bit like Answer
It occurred to me to ask the guy from my old neighborhood that i got them from ages ago , Duh ! He said they are actually mongooses from ‘82 ? Huh wow ? I thought he had just put those stickers on them 🙂 - E. After searching high & low, original Renthal bars

Last edited:
After talking to the mongoose people turns out the stickers on the bars are from the ‘90s , the bars are renthals but I believe the original early ones were clear aluminum with a black removable crossbar , used on mongooses imported to the UK & shipped without handle bars as a cost saving measure , as Renthal is a UK company , the blue ones must be later ones, I doubt they are ‘82 ? IDK ? The fellow I got them from did work at bike shops his entire life ? The bars are the lightest ones I ever handled

Those Redline double clamp stems are hovering around $900-1,200 depending on condition.
I just bought a near mint one on ebay a few days ago (1/6/2023) for $1,050.

Are you going to put it on a bike? Coolest stem ever !!! 😊

Back