When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2nd National Vintage Bicycle Ride 2020? (Nashville, TN)

-

Date For 2nd National Vintage Bicycle Ride 2020? (Nashville, TN)

• 23 May

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 30 May

Votes: 4 100.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Freqman1

Riding a '37 Dayton Super Streamline
Rob @rollfaster brought up the subject of doing another Nashville ride. Suggested dates were the last two Saturdays in May (23 or 30). The 23rd is Memorial Day weekend so I don't know how that affects plans. In 2017 we had about 40 riders from across the U.S. to include New York, Colorado, Arizona, Mississippi, Missouri, Illinois, Georgia, North Carolina, and Alabama. Ironically no Tennessee riders! A leisurely flat route along the river in to downtown about 10 miles or so roundtrip if memory serves. Here is the video Jarod shot--awesome!

It would be good to see who has interest and thoughts on dates. Here is the link to the 2017 event starting at page 15 which has the ride pics/video. https://thecabe.com/forum/threads/combined-coaster-open-invitation-nashville-ride.102826/page-15 Last time we met at Shelby park and @Classic Cool Rides (Dave) largely hosted this event which can be financially and logistically taxing for one person. Parking downtown can be challenging so either a no host social at the park i.e. bring your own vittles (Southern for eats) or at something maybe on the periphery of the city would be my suggestion. If we are going to do this we need to start nailing down the date pretty quickly. V/r Shawn

We have been talking about doing this again since the first time! Im down to do Nashville again! I don’t think memorial weekend is a good idea. I am thinking the 30th sounds better! Just a thought, do we want to meet somewhere else? Not sure where else we could do it. Any thoughts? If not, Nashville was a great time!

C7C5BB3C-05C5-4A71-84E9-23DC1CE75977.jpeg

A06FCCF5-8EB8-4B88-853A-1891C1A81318.jpeg

I'm inclined to stick with Nashville since it is somewhat centrally located and we have already ridden the route. I'm open to suggestions if someone has a better idea. Right now the 30th is open for me. The only big things I'm seeing that weekend for Nashvile is Comicon at the Fairgrounds and Good Guys Nationals at the stadium neither of which should affect our ride but could affect hotel availability if we don't plan early. V/r Shawn

Last edited:
Last time we (6 of us) shared an air bnb right downtown. It really worked out great!

Looks like this stalled a bit. I don't know about the rest of you but I already have plans through the first week of May and May and June are filling up pretty quick for me. We need to make a decision soon so we can reserve lodging. The two dates floated were 23 and 30 May. @DonChristie @jimbo53 @JOEL @stezell @Sprockets @Classic Cool Rides @rollfaster @Jarod24 and everyone else who would like to participate please indicate what date or dates would work for you. Thanks, Shawn

I will not be able to make this one unfortunately, but I hope you guys can iron out a date. This needs to happen!

Back