When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

3/8-24 front axle for '69 Schwinn?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Aaron65

Look Ma, No Hands!
It looks like these axles are tough to find. I have one that's about 5 1/4 inches long with flat ends that is stripped out. Any good ideas for axle replacement? I still have the original cones and bearings that I'd like to use. I've seen that some people will use a threaded rod and cut it to length. I imagine that would work...any downsides? I'm open to ideas! Thanks!

Aaron

I will check my axle inventory and let you know. If you decide to go with threaded rod, take a nut or cone with you to the hardware store as I believe they might be metric.

The one I have is just shy of 5 1/2 inches long. Flat ends, 3/8 inch diameter and stamped "U 24" in the middle, which I believe is Union 24 tpi. Has some shelf wear from rolling around in my parts bin, but I don't think it has ever been on a bicycle. Let me know if you are interested.

Back