When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

3 day oddessy, 21 bikes, 1,120 miles, 7 tanks of gas and one stool

-
Screen Shot 2019-01-28 at 2.46.00 PM.png

You know you're totally insane!
Sounds exactly like something I would do, the only difference would be steak for breakfast. Yuk!
Now all that stuff. Curious what your plans are, like selling a few or most?

Sent from my SM-S320VL using Tapatalk

You know you're totally insane!
Sounds exactly like something I would do, the only difference would be steak for breakfast. Yuk!
Now all that stuff. Curious what your plans are, like selling a few or most?

If my wife is listening, I must sell all of it to pay for the gas, meals, the 2 hotels, the cash outlay investment and realize a tidy profit.

Since it is just you and me listening... I want to keep about 1/2 of the bikes. I do need to recoup the cash outlay by selling the ones I like least and working towards the ones I like best. I will try first to do so without putting them right and adding correct parts, tires/ tubes, etc...

When I have made back the money, I get to keep the ones I favor.

I used to be able to do this in the 90's and 00's with collections and actual shop buy outs. Things were different then, I knew the bikes better (Banana) and was on the right side of the curve then.

It fun to find and get the bikes, it is fun to see what I ended up with, it is fun to sell the bikes, it is best to keep them. What I hate is shipping bikes.

I will bring as many as I can transport
IMG_8263[1].JPG

to Oley PA Motorcycle meet, T-town PA, Maybe Copake, Wethersfield CT Swap, Terryville CT AMCA meet, New London CT Swap and T town again. Maybe I won't have to ship anything.

My Lord! First (and I should know by now) after spraying Pepsi through my sinuses I see you collect old cars too (like we do).
Shame you couldn't rent a place on main street , some town. Charge admission like museums do, then have a price on them.
My wife puts up with me and my eccentricities since I don't run with women, drink or gamble[emoji16]...at least not for the 47 years together.
Just a poster of all those bikes would sell!

Thanks! ...but the museum days are over. I ran the New England Muscle Bicycle Museum for a decade. Did nice displays, had an interesting web presence, put on a number of rides every year in addition to a yearly show/swap that had food and a band. LOTS of work but tons of fun.

One day I went to the Town and State to see if I can get one of the brown "Attractions" signs on the the Interstate, a few flyers at the rest stops and maybe a mention on the appropriate web sites.

Instead, the tax collector went to the property, and when he could not see enough through the window, he went to the website and sent me a property tax bill on all the racks, display cases, neon signs, furniture, ect.

That was it for me. I needed to build a retirement home anyway, so I sold all but 20 of the bikes, most of the cases, racks, midmod furniture and NOS parts.

I must have knew I was going to miss it all since I built a bike shop section in the garage of the retirement house.

I am planning another show and swap in September.

Huh. I guess things do not really change that much...

Thanks! ...but the museum days are over. I ran the New England Muscle Bicycle Museum for a decade. Did nice displays, had an interesting web presence, put on a number of rides every year in addition to a yearly show/swap that had food and a band. LOTS of work but tons of fun.

One day I went to the Town and State to see if I can get one of the brown "Attractions" signs on the the Interstate, a few flyers at the rest stops and maybe a mention on the appropriate web sites.

Instead, the tax collector went to the property, and when he could not see enough through the window, he went to the website and sent me a property tax bill on all the racks, display cases, neon signs, furniture, ect.

That was it for me. I needed to build a retirement home anyway, so I sold all but 20 of the bikes, most of the cases, racks, midmod furniture and NOS parts.

I must have knew I was going to miss it all since I built a bike shop section in the garage of the retirement house.

I am planning another show and swap in September.

Huh. I guess things do not really change that much...
I remember the good old days at the swap meet in Bloomfield.

Back