When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

3 grand?? I don't get it, what am I missing?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Brian R.

Wore out three sets of tires already!
This girls' bike is currently listed in the For Sale forum at $3,000 and guys are fighting over who got to it first. In reading this thread I feel like I'm watching a foreign film without subtitles - I just don't get it. I'm not completely ignorant when it comes to bike prices, I've been reading vintage bike forums and watching Ebay for years, and from what people have told me, my 1937 Flo-cycle is not worth this much. So would someone please explain this to me? Is it ultra rare? Has it got $4,000 worth of parts on it and these guys want to part it out and make a profit? Are the people replying to the thread joking around?

1937Roadmaster3000.JPG

it all boils down to slimedouchery.the bike is obviously valuable,so much so that people lose all respect for others.
But my question wasn't about buyer's behaviour or manners, I was asking why this particular bike is so valuable.

Ok, good to know, thanks. I'll keep my eyes open for old ballooners with good parts. Maybe I can quit my day job. I'd have to list my finds on Ebay though because here I'd probably accidentally ask for 1/3rd their actual value. ....and before you send me hate mail, No I would not strip original bikes for their parts - I don't do that. I'd sell the bike whole and let someone else do the dirty work ;)

Ok, good to know, thanks. I'll keep my eyes open for old ballooners with good parts. Maybe I can quit my day job. I'd have to list my finds on Ebay though because here I'd probably accidentally ask for 1/3rd their actual value. ....and before you send me hate mail, No I would not strip original bikes for their parts - I don't do that. I'd sell the bike whole and let someone else do the dirty work ;)
Just teasing you Mike. I would do no such thing good buddy [emoji23] [emoji106]

Back