When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

3-Spd w/coaster brake and skiptooth

-
Thanks for the feedback everyone. I will checkout one of those ichybike sprocke ts . Does anyone have a Sturmey Archer 3-speed, 36H coaster brake hub for a decent price?

You can also grind off every other tooth on any even numbered sprocket that is 1/2 pitch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This bike sports a 3 spd Shimano w/ ground off alternate teeth. I've been buying up a few assorted girl's bikes from the 70's w/ Sturmey & Shimano 3 spd.& coasters. The pre- Nexus Shimano's can be problematic, though. Make sure that you count the teeth twice before grinding.

fullsizeoutput_5e1.jpeg

This bike sports a 3 spd Shimano w/ ground off alternate teeth. I've been buying up a few assorted girl's bikes from the 70's w/ Sturmey & Shimano 3 spd.& coasters. The pre- Nexus Shimano's can be problematic, though. Make sure that you count the teeth twice before grinding.

View attachment 767126
Great looking bike and advice. I would like to go with a Sturmey that has a coaster brake. I have a NOS 3-speed Sturmey that doesn't have the brake, but I need one with a brake . Thanks, JimRoy

Back