When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

3 Speed Bike

-

debpan

On Training Wheels
I need to find out how to tell the manufacter date of a 3 speed Regent Western Flyer Bike. Any info on resale price is appreciated.

5226.JPG

Don't want to burst any bubbles, but depending upon condition, in my area you might find a buyer at $25-$40, but only if tires were good and it was clean and ready to ride.
On more than one I've seen the plastic Shimano shifter break right where the cable exits, making it useless and hub itself has been problematic.

Might have some appeal if you live near a college campus or just want a "beater" bike, but otherwise you don't have much.

Unless you have sentimental attachment or parts laying around to fix any problems you might want to donate it to a bike co-op or Rescue Mission type establishment.

Or if you enjoy mechanical type things have a go at putting it in shape and keep it for a rider.

Looks like a Japanese/Taiwanese lugged frame from the '80s. Check the Shimano 3 speed hub for a date code and you can determine it's age.

It is too new to have vintage value, the wrong brand, its been exposed to moisture and neglected, and it's a ladies bike. All of these things are deal breakers. Yard sale value $25 or less.

Any value would be in the rims (if Araya, etc), caliper set, grips, and reflector set.

It would be a good bike to tear apart and get familiar with the basic engineering - just leave the rear hub internals alone.

Back