When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

3 speed bikes

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I’ve got the best of both worlds with this 1932 Rollfast that came with steel clad 28” wooden wheels. I used a set of 700c rims laced to a 3 speed Nexxus Shimano coaster brake hub from an Electra Amsterdam girls bike. IchiBike makes a skiptooth rear cog that fits these 3 splined Shimano hubs (Sturmey Archer hubs, too!). Twist grip shifter works well with repop ball end grips.

If anyone is interested in this I’ll be selling it at the Hartwell GA swapmeet this Sat.

I love 3 speeds. The old (or new) Sturmey Archer is simple, reliable, clean and demands so little maintenance beyond a few drops of oil.

Currently a 1982ish Italian folder and the Dutch monster bike infest my garage with the worthy little devices.

Sadly, as a callow yout' I cast several good working SA three speed hubs into the trash to make room for engines & spares when I got into motorcycles. One was a huge 3 speed dynohub from the fifties... I'd kill for it now, even though it likely weighed ten pounds.

yeah, those are 28" wheels on a 26" frame... I do love a good 50+ pound bike.

Back