When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

3 Stingrays what to offer?

-
There not for sale unless I offer enough money then he might sell them. That's why I was asking what to offer to get the deal done.

Didn't Mike Wolf say to sellers like that.........."Listen buddy, give me a number......I can't both buy it and sell it for you." If he won't give you a number, I would just walk.......Or, lowball him, $250, or less, and when he recoils, stick it back in his face......."HOW MUCH DO YOU WANT" Remember, Schwinn made these bikes by the thousands. I have scrapped 3x more stingrays than this guy owns.

Also...... https://vermont.craigslist.org/bik/d/east-corinth-vintage-schwinn-sting-ray/7512173760.html

$70.00 Stingray in Vt.

Good luck!!

Didn't Mike Wolf say to sellers like that.........."Listen buddy, give me a number......I can't both buy it and sell it for you." If he won't give you a number, I would just walk.......Or, lowball him, $250, or less, and when he recoils, stick it back in his face......."HOW MUCH DO YOU WANT" Remember, Schwinn made these bikes by the thousands. I have scrapped 3x more stingrays than this guy owns.

Also...... https://vermont.craigslist.org/bik/d/east-corinth-vintage-schwinn-sting-ray/7512173760.html

$70.00 Stingray in Vt.

Good luck!!

One more time.................

Shawn you may have a point and I won't mind over paying because this barn has old cars, tractors, more gas pumps, more bike's, etc. alot of cool old stuff.. I wouldn't mind being the guy that gets invited back someday because some of these old timers have had this stuff for their whole life. If I lowball him I probably won't be able to buy anything else.

Shawn you may have a point and I won't mind over paying because this barn has old cars, tractors, more gas pumps, more bike's, etc. alot of cool old stuff.. I wouldn't mind being the guy that gets invited back someday because some of these old timers have had this stuff for their whole life. If I lowball him I probably won't be able to buy anything else.
Theres another thing to consider.....it may be more of a "ticket in" at the end of the day which can lead to even better things. Since someone brought up Pickers, they sometimes over-pay for the first "break the ice" item to foster trust.

Complete Stingrays seat and all can fetch a pretty penny if in good shape. Pre '70 is the what gets the most attention. Some seats are worth $250/350 themselves. That $70 Stingray was beat to heck, condition and originality is the key. Great for parting out if incomplete but easy to move if they are complete and somewhat clean.

I lost his phone no. so over the last 5 yrs. I would stop if I was in that town but he was never home, so today when I stopped he wasn't home so I left a note on his door with my no. and he remembered me and must trust me because he called me and we talked, when I mentioned the bikes that's when he said I could make an offer when I go tomorrow. He said he gets up really early so 6AM is good but I said how about 8AM. I'll post some pic's if I get anything.

I’d bring a bunch of money and look at them, than decide. I’d also be honest with the guy, I think these are worth x and I’m willing to offer you y for them. I think if your fair it’s a good ice breaker and it might get you the opportunity to offer on other things.

These bikes I've been trying to buy for 5 years but everytime I mentioned them NOT FOR SALE, NOT FOR SALE, NOT FOR SALE, until today he said make me an offer so I think I have this one chance to get them. That's why I was hoping the Cabe stingray guys could give me a ballpark number, I know there are so many variations in values of different stingrays but they are not my cup of tea. 5 years ago I bought a gas pump for $100, a barber chair for $150 and a 1939 Schwinn New World for $25 off this guy. Maybe I should just gamble and throw a number at him and see what happens, I'll probably pay to much I usually do.
Unfortunately without pics, a ballpark guess is all you can do .... recently I bought a lil chik for 75...a beat up, complete 1972 stingray for $80.00......thats Michigan money ..Cali money much higher...if you just gotta have em, offer the 500.....

Back