When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

3 Stingrays what to offer?

-
The real early '64/65 have a shorter frame. The space between the seat tube and the brake bridge is smaller 2 inches compared to the 4 inches on the longer frames. The style of handlebar is also a give away. The first years used a real wide set of apes 31 inches, the following set in '66/'67 had very dramatic down turn to the grip pertion of the bars and then the went to a less dramatic bend. In '69/'70 they went to the bars that were basically straight up with very little v shape to the bars. The real early bikes had a Schwinn style sissy bar that bolted to the axle not to mounting brackets. Also there was a high loop sissy that was only '66/'67 I think, and the part behind the seat sticks way up. Any square backed sissy bar is very early. A first generation would have short frame, square back sissy bolted to axle and the real wide bars.Any pre '69 would have a wingtip style guard.
mo problem high loop was 65 only though.. just trying to help

Agreed....sellers should always give a price first .....
Not always, I've got a bike buddy that has some bikes I bought off of him and he always asks what would I pay for them then we always meet in the middle. Wheeling and dealing is a fine art that takes many years of practice learn. I'd say $500.00 is a good start...Good luck.....

Shawn you may have a point and I won't mind over paying because this barn has old cars, tractors, more gas pumps, more bike's, etc. alot of cool old stuff.. I wouldn't mind being the guy that gets invited back someday because some of these old timers have had this stuff for their whole life. If I lowball him I probably won't be able to buy anything else.
Good point, however, that was never mentioned in the first post. It could change the dynamics.

Didn't Mike Wolf say to sellers like that.........."Listen buddy, give me a number......I can't both buy it and sell it for you." If he won't give you a number, I would just walk.......Or, lowball him, $250, or less, and when he recoils, stick it back in his face......."HOW MUCH DO YOU WANT" Remember, Schwinn made these bikes by the thousands. I have scrapped 3x more stingrays than this guy owns.

Also...... https://vermont.craigslist.org/bik/d/east-corinth-vintage-schwinn-sting-ray/7512173760.html

$70.00 Stingray in Vt.

Good luck!!
Now your quoting mike wolf and why would you scrap sting Ray's? What the hell is wrong with you? Mike wolf is an idiot...

Theres another thing to consider.....it may be more of a "ticket in" at the end of the day which can lead to even better things. Since someone brought up Pickers, they sometimes over-pay for the first "break the ice" item to foster trust.
Yeah, the pickers came to my brother Joe's Hoard and they were trying to LOWBALL his stuff, and they pissed him off ,so he ran them off the property. I had met Frank Fritz before that and he's cool... Mike Wolf , not so much...

Yeah, the pickers came to my brother Joe's Hoard and they were trying to LOWBALL his stuff, and they pissed him off ,so he ran them off the property. I had met Frank Fritz before that and he's cool... Mike Wolf , not so much...
O yeah, the stories are true. The episode with the 60 Impala lowrider and the VW bus...that is my close friend Tony’s house and he had some interesting stories. Lol

All the chrome on both bikes was removed with a small knife and then rubbed to a shine with quad ott (0000) steel wool. Takes no time and dosen't hurt the already crappy chrome. If its really rusty it still works but you can't get the shine.

20220806_184256.jpg

20220803_095115.jpg

20220804_101207.jpg

20220803_095126.jpg

20220804_101214.jpg

Back