When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

30 Years of Pre-war Schwinn Collecting - create album help needed

-
Welcome back Scott .. Outstanding collection of original bicycles .. thanks for sharing ... If you are ever in SoCal the first Sunday of every month . come out & join us on a CYCLONE COASTER vintage bicycle ride that we have been doing since 2006 -- ALSO -- some of the CC family travels up for a vintage bicycle ride hosted by the ROLLING RELICS in San Francisco the last Saturday in July which is always a good time ... Ride Vintage - Frank

Here are a few more. I'll work on creating albums this weekend. Thanks to all for the nice "welcome back" messages. I've been inactive in the hobby for several years, but this latest purchase from Bob has me re-energized to do some wrenching. No more buying for a while, though... bank account is now empty.

View attachment 429147

View attachment 429150 View attachment 429151 View attachment 429152

View attachment 429157

...and the only restored bike I own. I used to paint at CyclArt back in the late 1980's, so I have an acute appreciation for skilled paintwork on classic bikes, like that of Bob U. This bike was restored by Tim Brandt, who did an outstanding job.

View attachment 429158

Here's one that goes with the '41 Ranger Champion explaining why it is missing the Greyhound fender ornament and the full floating saddle... Most amazing piece of provenance I've seen in the hobby.

View attachment 429164
I was thinking of adding a light to my jewel tank... can you send me some close ups of how they did it?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I was thinking of adding a light to my jewel tank... can you send me some close ups of how they did it?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Sorry for the very late response. Here are a couple pictures.

37 AC tank light2.jpg
37 AC tank light.jpg

What a thread! Mind if I sell my house and roll out my sleeping bag in your bike shop? Geez...magnificent collection AND you are in Tahoe. Now that's doubling down on beauty.

Scott,
Nothing personal but I have never been a Schwinn person. Don't know why to be honest!! But after seeing this collection how could anyone not like a Schwinn. First of all "original bikes" and I love the small details...correct wiring, clamps, hardware, accessories...etc. Welcome back and looking forward to seeing more. But better yet educating us newbies!!!!
Thanks for sparking my interest to Schwinns. Awesome collection.
Bill

Now I know where all the good bike are .......really nice collection . Hope to meet you someday .

...Not a prewar, but I finally got my King Size American out for a beautiful evening ride last night in North Lake Tahoe. Modified with prewar parts to make it ride even taller - looong lucky 7 seatpost from a shelby, and prewar CycleTruck stem, Mesinger saddle

Back