When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

30s Shelby Traveler

-
I like this alot! Wheels, pedals look good, damage free perhaps low mile. Lotsa grease hanging. Take your time to clean this bike with wd40 and fine wool. Fenders not sure. Bars may have been replaced, but I have a stem similar on a diff model 38.

Last edited:
I bought a Ladies model several years ago from the original owner,,,,,it was a 37.......medium blue in color and had a Morrow brake.....It was in decent condition and I believe that it was all original...I only paid 50.00 for it and I was told that was too much at the time to pay for a girls bike.......I finally sold it at a small profit and off it went....That is one of the bikes that I wish I would have never sold....and would gladly buy it back today......Girls model or not!!!........that for Me is the one that got away!!!

I'm pretty sure it's a 1937. 1936 had triple drop rims. I have a matched pair of black and red 1936, both have dated Morrow hubs from 1936. Both bikes have the same lack of options. No lights, no tanks, no racks. Anyways, all I'd do is clean it up and read lots of articles on how to safely get that red paint off the fenders to expose the original black and white again.

I'm pretty sure it's a 1937. 1936 had triple drop rims. I have a matched pair of black and red 1936, both have dated Morrow hubs from 1936. Both bikes have the same lack of options. No lights, no tanks, no racks. Anyways, all I'd do is clean it up and read lots of articles on how to safely get that red paint off the fenders to expose the original black and white again.
I never thought about removing the paint. The chrome on the wheels appear to be good. They have heavy grime but it does not appear to be rust.

It's worth more in original paint than it is restored. So I'd save what's there. Or sell it to someone who will save it. Let them do all the cleanup.

Back